Moving into your organization’s house is an exciting time for everyone. We are happy to have you back on campus and join us in the Greek Village. We will do our very best to make the move-in process as smooth and easy as possible. Fraternity and Sorority Life will implement a phased move-in process in order to minimize the number of residents and their assistants moving in at any single time. Sororities will move in on August 7-8th and Fraternities will move in August 13-15th. An email containing move-in information and instructions for selecting a check-in appointment was sent on July 8 to all residents with an active Fall assignment. An update email was sent on July 29th with more information regarding fall move-in.
Fall 2021 Greek Village Move-in
- Fall move-in will be held by appointment only. August 7-8 for sororities and August 13-15 for fraternities. Move-in appointments will occur in 30-minute time blocks.
- Make sure to bring a Photo ID (NC State student ID, driver’s license, or passport), which you will need for Check-in.
- Residents are asked to limit the number of people coming with you to assist with move-in to no more than two (2) people.
- COVID-19 Updates: Please review additional details under the COVID-19 Expectations section below.
Before you Arrive
- Sign up for your move-in appointment. Move-in is by appointment only. Appointments are available in 30-minute time slots . August 7-8th for sororities from 8:00 am – 8:00pm and August 13 – August 15th for fraternities from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Log into MyPackPortal and go to the Housing Portal
- Select Manage My Housing which is located in the red navigation bar
- Select Fall Move-in Appointments
- Hit the Save and Continue Button
- Select your move-in appointment
- Once you select your appointment, you will be asked to confirm it
- Once you confirm your appointment, you will receive a confirmation email sent to your ncsu.edu email address
- Plan your route to campus: Parking enforcement will be suspended during the move-in process. But you must be parked in a designated parking spot that is reserved (no handicap or RD parking spots). Please note that all of campus will be moving in during this time, so plan your route accordingly with potential traffic delays. There is also significant construction happening in Greek Village, entrances will vary depending on your organization (maps below).
- Be aware of what to/what not to bring. All students must bring their Student ID and a mask with them. We want you to make your space on campus feel like home while remaining safe, so be sure to review the NC State Suggested Packing List. We also suggest you bring a tarp or some type of large covering with you to help protect belongings during the move-in process in case of rain.
- Getting checked in to your chapter house: Check in with your Chapter Resident Director or House Director at your house. You will need your Student ID when you check-in, so please make sure you have it with you.
- Greek Village entrance maps: Please utilize the maps below to avoid construction and get to your organization’s house without multiple attempts. There is no through acces at this time.
COVID-19 Expectations for Move-in
MORE INFORMATION AND DETAILS COMING SOON!
NC State’s COVID-19 Community Standards remain in place for the Fall 2021 semester; however, there are a few exceptions specific to the move-in time-period. Due to the large number of incoming students (and their moving assistants) coming onto campus and into residence halls during the move-in week, the following will be enforced:
- Residents are asked to limit their move-in assistants to no more than 2 people.
- Face coverings will be REQUIRED in all residential buildings and at all check-in locations between August 7-15 (or until your chapter’s move in is complete). Face coverings are not required while outdoors or in an individual’s private bedroom when the door is closed.
- Hand sanitizing and/or frequent hand washing is encouraged.
- Please follow all directions from staff and any postage signage.
- Your vehicle will need to be unloaded by any move-in assistant/s you may bring to campus with you.
- If you were able to snag a prime spot next to the house, please relocate your car as soon as you are unloaded. Your brothers or sisters would appreciate the proximate access when it is their turn.
As a university we do all we can to make navigating campus and getting through the check-in process as smooth and efficient as we can. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.