ResNet is the residential computer network service provided to students living at NC State. ResNet lets you connect your personal computer directly to NC State’s computer network and, through the University network, to the Internet.
ResNet High-Speed Internet
- ResNet is automatically provided to all students living in residence halls, apartments, and Greek Village for a fee of $140 per semester/person.
- System requirements and other information are available on the ResNet website.
- During check-in, if you need assistance with your network connection or need antivirus software installed, please call the NC State Help Desk at (919) 515-HELP (4357) or bring your computer to the OIT Walk-in Center located in the West Dunn Building.
- After check-in, students should contact ResNet for help by sending an email or calling the NC State Help Desk at (919) 515-HELP (4357).
- Apogee Television is the NEW WolfTV service as of June 2020 and includes more than 100 high-definition, digital channels of entertainment, news, and information; including several local channels.
- WolfTV, via Apogee, will be automatically set up upon arrival and is a required service for all residents in residence halls, apartments and Greek Village. Unlike previous cable service on campus, individual sign-up is not required for residents in these communities. Please note that House 16 residents will not currently have the Apogee service, rather traditional cable service.
- Make sure your TV has the proper QAM Tuner (internal or external). Without a QAM tuner, you will not receive television service. To determine whether your TV has an internal tuner you will need to search the specifications section of your TV manual or locate the make and model of the TV and look up the specs online. If your TV does not have an internal QAM tuner, an external tuner will need to be purchased to receive channels.
- Televisions with non-clear QAM digital tuners will not receive the Wolf TV signal. Visit the WolfTV website for the channel lineup, converter box information and troubleshooting steps.
- Apogee’s revolutionary IPTV service, Stream2, is coming beginning in Fall 2020 on-campus residents. With Stream2, you will be able to watch entertainment programming on several different devices with 20 Hours of DVR included. Download the Stream2 App from the Apple App or Google Play stores or visit webplayer.mystream2.com. More information is available at help.mystream2.com.
- If you need any help registering or connecting your on-campus devices, a support representative is available 24 hours a day to assist you.
- Call Apogee Support at 833-548-6846 or email email@example.com