The Department of Fraternity and Sorority Life is a team of full time staff who advise fraternity and sorority organizations, their governing councils and manage the Greek Village development and operations on campus. Fraternity and Sorority Life also provides several programs to enhance leadership development and to educate the community.
Preparing students for society through a values-based fraternal experience.
The Department of Fraternity and Sorority Life recognizes those organizations that are committed to a values-based fraternal experience. The department seeks to prepare students for society by challenging the fraternity and sorority community membership to live up to those highest principles and ideals upon which their respective organizations were founded:
- Promote intellectual development and student learning
- Contribute through service and philanthropy
- Create a healthy and safe community environment
- Engage in campus life and leadership
- Provide a quality involvement opportunity for students
- Instill organization values with positive and productive conduct
- Cultivate leadership skills and abilities
- Act with integrity
The Department of Fraternity and Sorority Life will support the fraternity and sorority community membership in meeting these challenges by:
- Providing accountability and opportunities for distinction
- Dedicating professional and para-professional advisors
- Establishing parameters for appropriate activities and behaviors
- Developing a vibrant, attractive and safe Greek Village with opportunities to live, work and play
- Fostering a diverse and inclusive community
- Presenting council and chapter leadership training
- Working in partnership with inter/national fraternity and sorority leadership and local advisors
- Acting with integrity
Learn more about the fraternities and sororities at NC State through our New Student and Family Orientation videos.