Welcome to the Panhellenic Association at NC State! We are so excited to continue growing our community and for you to learn more about our Recruitment process. At NC State, our community is composed of 11 National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) Sororities (with Alpha Xi Delta chartering in the fall of 2022) and 1 Associate Member Chapter. Rooted in their commitment to academic excellence, philanthropic pursuits, and lifelong friendship, each chapter provides an incredible opportunity for individual growth, social and civic engagement, and meaningful relationships.
During the Fall of 2022, the Panhellenic Association will be participating in a Formal Recruitment over the course of Labor Day Weekend (September 2nd-5th). Friday, September 2nd will be held virtually on Zoom. Saturday, September 3rd, Sunday, September 4th, and Monday, September 5th, will be held in person. Formal Recruitment is a mutual selection process between potential new members and our chapters, and is divided into four days–Get Involved, Make a Difference, Live N’ Learn, Preference and Bid Day. With some of the Formal Recruitment events falling on school days, please note that arrangements will be made to accommodate any academic schedule conflicts!
All students interested in participating in the 2022 Panhellenic Formal Recruitment must fill out an application on our registration site, CampusDirector. Please fill out this application thoroughly, knowing that it is your initial communication to chapters. Chapters will review these applications before meeting you for the Get Involved (first) round of Formal Recruitment. Additionally, all students who intend on participating in formal recruitment are required to attend a Recruitment Kick-off Orientation on Wednesday, August 31st. Refer to our Panhellenic Instagram for more information on this event (@ncstatepa).
Before proceeding to the application, please note the following things you should be prepared to answer/have in front of you:
- List of high school activities, honors, or awards
- List of any college activities, honors, or awards
- List of any community involvement, including volunteer roles and civic organizations
- Emergency contact information
- Have thought about the following questions: What is motivating you to join a Panhellenic Sorority? What are you looking for out of a sorority experience?
- A headshot you would like shared with the chapters (*please no one else in the picture, does not need to be professional but should be an accurate representation)
- There is a nonrefundable $130.00 required application fee. This fee covers everything you will need for recruitment.
- Our chapters hold academics in high esteem, and there is a 2.5 minimum cumulative GPA standard required in order to go through recruitment. Ag Institute students may participate in formal recruitment, but do not meet the eligibility requirements of most organizations as prospective members must be matriculated into an undergraduate degree program to join.
Recruitment Applications are NOW OPEN! Registration for Formal Recruitment will close on August 31st, 2021 at 11:59 P.M. EST. The application will take about 15 minutes to complete.Recruitment Registration Link
NC State University and the Panhellenic Association is committed to doing everything we can to Protect the Pack as we respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. Given the current trends and projections, NC State is planning for a normal Fall 2022 semester. With that in mind, the Panhellenic Association will continue to assess gathering limits, use of indoor/outdoor spaces, use of face masks, and may modify planned events in accordance. In order to safely participate fully in planned in-person events, vaccines are highly encouraged. All community standards of the University will apply. For more information on NC State’s response to COVID-19, please visit Protect the Pack website.
Thank you for your interest in the Panhellenic Association at NC State! We encourage you to scroll through our website and follow us on our social media to learn more about our organization! We look forward to meeting you in August!
- Instagram: @NCStatePA
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact:
Vice President of Membership, Panhellenic Association
Department of Fraternity and Sorority Life
Department of Fraternity and Sorority Life