Order of Omega is a leadership honor society for members of fraternity and sorority organizations. Order of Omega recognizes juniors and seniors who exemplify high standards in the areas of scholarship, leadership, involvement within their respective organization and within the local community. Members are selected from the top 3% of students at each institution. To date, more than 500 chapters have been chartered throughout North America, each sharing the common goal of recognizing the many outstanding student leaders at their institution. The Lambda Upsilon Chapter of Order of Omega was chartered at NC State University in 1991. Lambda Upsilon Constitution & Bylaws
The purpose of The Order of Omega shall be threefold:
- Recognize fraternity men and women who have attained a high standard of leadership in fraternity and sorority activities, to encourage them to continue along this line, and to inspire others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment.
- Bring together the most representative fraternity and sorority members, and to create an organization which will help mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate affairs.
- Bring together members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution’s fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding, and helpfulness.
2022 Executive Board Officers
- President: Elijah Virachittevin
- Vice President of Membership: Janet Rivera
- Vice President of Programming: Jaidan Rubinstein
- Vice President of Finance: Tre’ Ricanek
- Vice President of Administration: Jala Royster
- Advisor: Haleigh Swenfurth
Order of Omega Award Applications
- Outstanding Fraternity Man and Sorority Woman (Fraternity Man and Sorority Woman of the Year)
- Outstanding Fraternity and Sorority New Member (from Fall 2016 or Spring 2017)
- Outstanding Chapter President (from Fall 2016 or Spring 2017)
- Senior Diamond Dedication Award (4th or 5th year senior who remains dedicated to the values of the organization)
- Outstanding Volunteer (Can include advisors, parents, house corp, faculty, etc.)
Awards are presented at the Annual Order of Omega and Standards of Excellence Awards Ceremony