The Greek Village Master Plan (pdf) calls for a phased redevelopment of the current housing area into a vibrant neighborhood at the heart of the NC State campus. The plan, originally designed by Sam Reynolds of Reynolds & Jewell Architects in 2006, has been refined slightly by Stewart Engineering in spring 2014, but maintains all the core elements set forth by the Greek Court Redevelopment Task Force. The Village will contain 20 lots for individual chapter houses, two rows of townhouses, a community center, amphitheatre, outdoor shelters and other attractive amenities. Greek Village will be developed in 5 phases (pdf) beginning in 2008 with a target completion date of 2025.
Phasing Details (updated summer 2014)
Choose any phase image for a full-size version.
|Phase 1: 2008-2017 (pdf)
- Chapters begin construction September 2011
- Kappa Delta opened fall 2012 and Sigma Nu opened in spring 2014. Delta Gamma was completed and opened Fall 2016. Sigma Phi Epsilon opened in fall of 2018.
|Phase 2: 2013-2019 (pdf)
- Earnest money and Greek Village Letter of Commitments received from Lambda Chi Alpha for Lot 20 and Delta Zeta for Lot 19.
- Demolition of Pi Kappa Phi house completed June 2014. Demolition of Phi Gamma Delta summer 2015.
- Infrastructure work began January 2016.
- Chapters begin construction spring 2017.
- Delta Zeta opened in fall 2018 and Lambda Chi Alpha opened in the fall of 2019.
|Phase 3: 2018-2021 (pdf)
- Earnest money and Greek Village Letter of Commitments received from Alpha Delta Pi for Lot 8, Sigma Kappa for Lot 9, Zeta Tau Alpha for Lot 10 and Kappa Alpha Theta for Lot 11.
- Phase 3 was updated in 2014 to include Lot 11. The Phase image has not been updated.
- Demolition of House 11, House 12 and House 1 began in May 2018.
- Infrastructure work began January 2018 and concluded in September 2019.
- Chapters begin construction summer 2019.
- Kappa Alpha Theta, Sigma Kappa and Zeta Tau Alpha anticipate opening in the fall of 2020. Alpha Delta Pi will open in fall 2021.
|Phase 4: 2021-2024 (pdf)
- Earnest money and Greek Village Letter of Commitment received from Chi Omega for Lot 12, Kappa Kappa Gamma for Lot 13, Kappa Sigma for Lot 14, Kappa Alpha Order for Lot 15, Pi Kappa Phi for Lot 16, Alpha Xi Delta for Lot 17 and Pi Beta Phi for Lot 18. Phase 4 will also include the townhomes and apartments.
- Demolition of House 2, House 3, House 4, House 7 and other impacted university buildings may begin in May 2020.
- Infrastructure work to begin June 2020.
- Chapters begin construction spring 2022.
- Houses open fall 2023 to fall 2024. University owned apartments and and townhouses will open in fall 2023.
|Phase 5: 2024-2026 (pdf)
- Earnest money and Greek Village Letter of Commitment received from Alpha Sigma Phi for Lot 5, Pi Kappa Alpha for Lot 6, and Chi Psi for Lot 7.
- Demolition of Sorority Duplex and impacted university buildings May 2024.
- Infrastructure work to begin June 2024.
- Chapters begin construction summer 2025.
- Houses open fall 2026.
- Demolition of House 8 Summer 2027.
- To be completed as fundraising goals are met or partner funds are provided.