The Interfraternity Council (IFC) serves as the governing body of more than twenty men’s social fraternities at North Carolina State University. Through an emphasis on scholarship, campus leadership and involvement, brotherhood, service and philanthropy, athletics, and leadership training, the IFC prides itself on continually producing successful leaders and men during the undergraduate years and beyond.
IFC fraternities are values-based organizations whose memberships make an impact not only in the Wolfpack community, but in our local, national, and global communities as well.
- Affiliated Organizations
- Interfraternity Council Constitution (pdf)
- Interfraternity Council By-Laws (pdf)
Fall 2022 Formal Recruitment
Thank you for your interest in joining one of our member organizations within the Interfraternity Council through our Formal Recruitment process. The Interfraternity Council at NC State University is excited for you to explore membership in our IFC community. The recruitment process is coordinated by the Department of Fraternity and Sorority Life and the Interfraternity Council. The recruitment process is structured around a series of rounds and each round gives potential new members and chapters the opportunity to interact with one another in a formal setting. The Formal Recruitment process is a mutual selection process which gives everyone the opportunity to narrow down their options. All potential new members signed up for recruitment, will be led by a recruitment guide who will be their mentor, guide, and lead them through the process.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Important dates to remember:
- 2022 Formal Recruitment Dates: September 2nd- September 5th (Labor Day Weekend)
- Campus Director Registration will open on May 17, 2022, at 12:00 P.M. EST.
- Campus Director Registration will close on August 31, 2022, at 11:59 P.M. EST.
- IFC Convocation
- Wednesday, August 31, 2022
- Time: 7:00 PM
- Location: Witherspoon Cinema
All students interested in participating in the IFC Formal Recruitment process must pay a non-refundable $65 application fee. The application fee covers the cost of transportation throughout recruitment and recruitment materials. The application fee must be paid in order for you to successfully register for recruitment.
At NC State, we’re doing everything we can to Protect the Pack as we respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information on NC State’s response to COVID-19, please visit Protect the Pack website.
Please complete the 2022 IFC Formal Recruitment Application as thoroughly as possible as it helps our chapters get to know more about you!
To make your registration as easy as possible, here is a list of information you will need:
- General contact information: Name, phone, high school/college GPA, high school/college involvement, expected graduation date, and your NCSU student id number
- Legacy information: A student whose family member (typically brother/sister, mom/dad, grandmother/grandfather but can also include aunt/uncle) is a member of a particular sorority or fraternity. The student is given special membership consideration but not guaranteed a bid.
- Headshot photo: photo you would like shared with the chapters (please no one else in the picture; does not need to be professional but should be an accurate representation)
- Why do you want to join an IFC organization?
The Interfraternity Council at NC State takes pride in our ability to accommodate men during their recruitment experience. Students who anticipate experiencing barriers to participating in programs and activities, are encouraged to request accommodations through the Disability Services Office. If you have general access concerns or questions, please email or call Hector Cuevas, Assistant Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life at 919.513.3486 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Look for updates on our following platforms:
- Instagram: @ncstateifc
2022 Executive Board Officers
- President: Thomas Bynum
- Vice President of Standards: Vacant
- Vice President of Recruitment: Jake Berlin
- Vice President of Operations: Vacant
- Vice President of Scholarship: Vacant
- Vice President of Membership Development: Samuel Buchanan
- Vice President of Campus Traditions: JohnJay Schreiber
- Vice President of Communications: Seth Lamoreaux
- Advisor: Haleigh Swenfurth