The Interfraternity Council at NC State University is excited for you explore membership in our IFC community. The recruitment process is coordinated by the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life and the Interfraternity Council. The recruitment process is structured around a series of rounds. Each round gives potential new members and chapters the opportunity to interact with one another in a formal setting. The Formal Recruitment Process is a mutual selection process which gives everyone the opportunity to narrow down their options. All potential new members signed up for recruitment, will be led by a rush guide who will be there to mentor, guide, and lead them through the process. We look forward to meeting you soon!
All students interested in participating in the IFC Formal Recruitment Process must pay a non-refundable $65 application fee. The application fee covers the cost of transportation throughout recruitment and recruitment materials. The application fee must be paid in order for you to successfully register for recruitment.
Important dates to remember:
- 2021 Formal Recruitment Dates: September 3rd- September 6th (Labor Day Weekend)
- Formal Recruitment Registration will open on May 1, 2021 at 8:00 A.M. EST.
- Formal Recruitment Registration will close on September 1, 2021 at 11:59 P.M. EST.
At NC State, we’re doing everything we can to Protect the Pack as we respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. Given the current trends and projections, NC State is planning for a normal fall 2021 semester. With that in mind, IFC will continue to assess gathering limits, use of indoor/outdoor spaces, use of face masks, etc. and may modify planned events in accordance. In order to safely participate fully in planned in-person events, vaccines are highly encouraged. All community standards of the University will apply. For more information on NC State’s response to COVID-19, please visit Protect the Pack website.
Please complete the 2021 IFC Formal Recruitment application as thoroughly as possible as it helps our chapters get to know more about you!
To make your registration as easy as possible, here is a list of information you will need:
- General contact information – Name, phone, high school/college GPA, high school/college involvement, expected graduation date, and your NCSU student id number
- Legacy information – A student whose family member (typically brother/sister, mom/dad, grandmother/grandfather but can also include aunt/uncle) is a member of a particular sorority or fraternity. The student is given special membership consideration but not guaranteed a bid.
- Headshot photo – photo you would like shared with the chapters (please no one else in the picture; does not need to be professional but should be an accurate representation)
- Why do you want to join an IFC organization?
Look for updates on our following platforms:
2021 Executive Board Officers
- President: Andrew Breasure
- Vice President of Standards: Matthew Castles
- Vice President of Recruitment: Thomas Larson
- Vice President of Operations: Jacob Cheers
- Vice President of Scholarship: Paul Sartorelli
- Vice President of Membership Development: Grayson Moffitt
- Vice President of Campus Traditions: Ryan Holowicki
- Vice President of Communications: Parker Knott
- Advisor: Hector Cuevas