The Department of Fraternity and Sorority Life prepares students for society through a values-based fraternal experience. Our work impacts the student experience in three ways: Chapter Services, Community Development, and Living and Learning Environments. A dynamic team of professionals, including a Director, two Associate Directors, and two Assistant Directors, execute the vision to inform the work. Our team advises recognized fraternities and sororities, their governing councils, and manages Greek Village housing, while providing programs to enhance leadership development and to educate the Fraternity/Sorority Community of over 3,100 students. All full-time staff report directly to the Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life, and operate with a collaborative team approach. The Assistant Director positions provide leadership to Community Development initiatives, and are responsible for the following areas and essential job duties:
- Provide leadership, direction and advising to two of the four undergraduate governing councils of the NC State Fraternity/Sorority Community (Interfraternity Council, National Pan-Hellenic Council, Multicultural Greek Council, and Panhellenic Association) and to Order of Omega and Circle of Sisterhood, meeting with officers on a regular basis.
- Design programs and services that foster a sense of community among Fraternity/Sorority organizations, including regular meetings of council presidents.
- Provide council officer training and transition support, including best practices related to each position.
- Develop and facilitate leadership and educational programs for councils, council officers and the Fraternity/Sorority Community.
- Oversee Council Program initiatives for respective councils, like Step Show, Tailgate Reform, Outstanding Women’s Awards, MGC Showcase, etc.
- Advise either the Panhellenic or IFC Recruitment Team, overseeing Recruitment Counselor selection and training, Marketing, and Formal Recruitment initiatives of assigned council.
- Direct council publications and presence at Summer Orientation, Open House, Experience NC State, and special events throughout the year utilizing Fraternity and Sorority Life Ambassadors
- Coordinate council officer attendance at conferences, including registration, travel and accommodations.
- Develop curriculum and strategies to provide support to council and chapter initiatives around new members and emerging leaders, diversity and inclusion, and community operations.
- Recruit, select, and provide feedback to team of certified peer educators, utilizing NASPA CPE curriculum.
- Collaborate with Associate Director on structure and advising of fraternity/sorority certified peer educators, providing content expertise, developing curriculum for, and facilitating training on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Assess council and community programs to improve impact and intentional learning outcomes.
- Monitor various budget items, guide spending from council accounts, and secure funding for program initiatives as needed.
- Prepare annual budget requests, bi-weekly staff reports and end of year documentation.
- Serve on University Committees as needed, including Wolfpack Welcome Week, Student Leadership Training, Packapalooza, and search committees, developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with campus partners and various stakeholders.