Council and Community Development
Raven Whitley and Frank Lopez lead the Council and Community Development area within the Department of Fraternity and Sorority Life.
Raven and Frank support fraternity and sorority community wide programs and initiatives while providing advisory support for to the four undergraduate governing councils (Interfraternity Council, Multicultural Greek Council, National Pan-Hellenic Council, and Panhellenic Association). They work collaboratively with campus and community partners to provide community wide educational programming, service/philanthropic initiatives, and advise student leaders on self-governance. Responsibilities for Council and Community Development include:
- Provide Leadership, Direction and Advising to the Four Undergraduate governing councils of the NC State Greek Community (Interfraternity Council, Multicultural Greek Counciland Panhellenic Association and Order of Omega
- Develop Programs and Services that Foster Community Among Fraternities and Sororities Including Facilitating Regular Council Presidents’ Meetings
- Provide Council Officer Training and Transition Support
- Develop and Teach Leadership and Educational Programs for Councils, Council Officers and the Fraternity and Sorority Community
- Advise Panhellenic Recruitment Team, Oversee Recruitment Guide Selection and Training, Marketing and Coordination of Panhellenic Formal Recruitment
- Oversee Council Program initiatives including Step Show, Tailgate Reform, Outstanding Women’s Awards, MGC Showcase, Greek Week, etc.
- Direct Council Publications and Presence at Summer Orientation, Open House, and Special Events throughout the Year
- Coordinate Council Officer Attendance at AFLV Central/NBGLC, Including Registration, Travel and Accommodations
- Develop Curriculum and Strategies to Provide Support to Council Initiatives Around New Members and Emerging Leaders
- Select, Train and Supervise Two Graduate Assistants
- Monitor Council budgets, Train Council Officers on Fiscal Management, Oversee Council Expenditures and Secure Funding for Program Initiatives as Needed
- Work with Higher Education Administration to Coordinate Participation in Interview Days
- Serve on Wolfpack Welcome Week and other University Committees as needed