The calendar year 2017-2018 marked the 14th opportunity to use the Standards Program as a basis for the Fraternity and Sorority Life Department Awards. The students who authored the Standards Program offered their community the following challenge:
Have Integrity, Be Accountable, Seek Distinction.
This year, we recognized 30 chapters who achieved excellence and distinction in one or more of the fraternity and sorority community’s ten shared principles. Awards were determined by reviewing materials submitted in the chapter Standards Program binders. Any chapter who met or exceeded the standard for the ten shared principles was eligible for an award.
A panel reviewed the binders and narrowed the eligible chapters to the top five to eight per shared principle, and presented awards to the top one to four chapters per principle. Both quantity and quality of programming was taken into consideration. Awards were given for outstanding performance in each of the ten shared principles, and to one fraternity and one sorority for overall excellence. Councils also recognized top-performing chapters based on various qualifications.
Please see the links below to nominate outstanding individuals for this year’s Awards:
- New Member of the Year
- Chapter President of the Year
- Fraternity Man & Sorority Woman of the Year
- Senior Diamond Dedication
- Chapter Volunteer of the Year
Standards of Excellence Awards
Fraternity and Sorority of the Year 2018
- Fraternity – Alpha Gamma Rho
- Sorority – Alpha Omega Epsilon
Past Fraternity and Sorority of the Year Winners
- 2018 – Alpha Gamma Rho
- 2017 – Sigma Nu
- 2016 – Alpha Gamma Rho
- 2015 – Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- 2014 – Lambda Chi Alpha
- 2013 – Delta Upsilon and Sigma Chi
- 2012 – Epsilon Chi Nu
- 2011 – Phi Sigma Nu
- 2010 – Sigma Phi Epsilon
- 2009 – Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
- 2008 – Delta Upsilon
- 2007 – Alpha Tau Omega
- 2006 – FarmHouse
- 2005 – FIJI
- 2018 – Alpha Omega Epsilon
- 2017 – Delta Gamma
- 2016 – Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- 2015 – Delta Gamma
- 2014 – Delta Gamma
- 2013 – Alpha Kappa Alpha and Zeta Tau Alpha
- 2012 – Delta Zeta
- 2011 – Alpha Delta Pi
- 2010 – Zeta Tau Alpha
- 2009 and 2010 – Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- 2009 – Delta Zeta
- 2008 – Delta Gamma
- 2007 – Delta Zeta
- 2006 – Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- 2005 – Lambda Pi Chi
|Outstanding Alumni/Graduate Chapter Relations
Outstanding Campus Leadership and Involvement
Outstanding Council Involvement
Outstanding Educational Programming
Outstanding Financial Management
Outstanding Leadership Training
|Outstanding Membership Development
Outstanding Risk Management
Outreach and Civic Engagement
Multicultural Greek Council Chapter of the Year
- Awarded to Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc.
Interfraternity Council Caldwell Cup
- Awarded to Alpha Epsilon Pi
- Caldwell Chapters: Alpha Epsilon Pi, Alpha Gamma Rho, Alpha Sigma Pi, Sigma Pi, Sigma Nu
National Pan-Hellenic Council Thorpe Award
- Awarded to Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Panhellenic Association Sopher Cup
- Awarded to Kappa Alpha Theta
- Sopher Chapters : Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Omega Epsilon, Chi Omega, Kappa Alpha Theta, Kappa Delta