Living on campus will continue to look a little different. For all re-entry instructions, please review the updates to the university’s COVID-19 Community Standards. Residents will be responsible for following all community standards while living in Greek Village.
- Residents staying in their assignment are expected to remain in their bedroom area and wear a face covering as much as possible, especially when leaving the room to go to the bathroom or to pick up food from the servery.
- Non-resident members can continue to use their in-house meal service but should physically distance themselves to the extent possible. Masks should only be removed while actively eating or drinking.
For Support or In The Event of an Emergency
In the event of an emergency, contact NC State University Police by calling 919.515.3000 and inform them that you are isolating in place. Provide them with your specific building and assigned space. State your emergency. University personnel will respond as appropriate to the emergency for which you are calling.
If you have non-emergency questions, please call the Wolfpack Response Line at 919.512.3272. If all university staff are busy assisting another caller, please leave a message and your call will be returned. Please note that this line is only monitored from 8am – 9pm, so your call may be returned the next day.
If you have an emergency facilities issue please contact your CRD or CRD on-call for University owned buildings, or HD of privately owned buildings. University owned houses can submit non-emergency work orders by clicking here. Note: you may be required to move to another space within Greek Village/University Housing while repairs are being made.
Entry Into Your Space by University Staff
While isolating in place you cannot have guests or visitors. If support is needed and an NC State official must enter your space, residents must follow a specific entry protocol. The protocol includes:
- Place a medical mask over your nose and mouth.
- Isolate yourself in the bedroom (or bathroom if you have one in your space) furthest from the main entry door and close the bedroom/bathroom door prior to entry by a university official.
- Remain in the bedroom or bathroom with the door closed until given an all clear by the entering university official.
Requesting and Receiving Supplies
In the event that you need a critically important item while you are isolating in place (e.g. a textbook, a prescription from Student Health Pharmacy, etc.), please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Wolfpack Response Line at 919.512.3272. We can only assist with high-need items as best as possible.
If the university can provide supplies for you, items will be delivered to your door. After items are left at the entrance to your space, the person delivering items will contact you by phone call or text message. You may then collect your items from outside your door.
Mail and packages cannot be received or delivered to individuals during isolation/quarantine. Please do not make online purchases or request mail/package deliveries during your stay.
Support During Isolation
The NC State community is available to support you during your isolation/quarantine stay. If you need assistance, please reach out to an appropriate campus department.
- Wolfpack Response Line: 919.512.3272
- General inquiries, status updates, and requests for supplies
- Monitored daily, 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. with after-hours voicemail response for emergencies
- Fraternity and Sorority Life: fsl.dasa.ncsu.edu / 919.513.2910 / email@example.com
- University Housing: housing.dasa.ncsu.edu / 919.515.2440 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Health Services: healthypack.dasa.ncsu.edu / 919.515.2563
- If you need medical guidance, are experiencing symptoms that you need to share with a provider, and/or have questions regarding your isolation status, send a message to a medical provider through your HealthyPack Portal.
- NC State Counseling Center: counseling.dasa.ncsu.edu / 919.515.2423
- NC State University Police & Fire Department: campuspolice.ehps.ncsu.edu / 919.515.3000
- Campus Enterprises / NC State Dining Services: dining.ncsu.edu / email@example.com
- University Updates on Coronavirus (COVID-19): go.ncsu.edu/coronavirus