(Sent June 10, 2020)
We hope you are doing well and staying safe and healthy!
Fraternity and Sorority Life is following up on the recent announcement regarding the August 10 start date for the Fall 2020 Semester to provide you important updates related to being an on-campus resident this fall. More specific information will be available on our website in the coming days and weeks so please keep checking for the latest information.
Housing Assignment Updates
For those who completed applications, we have you assigned to your space and are ready to have you back in the fall semester.
- For a number who have not completed your application. you will receive an email from Fraternity and Sorority Life regarding your assignment in the Greek Village. To access the application from myPack Portal > Campus Living > click the link in the center of the page to enter the housing portal (StarRez). Please complete the Greek Village application as soon as possible so charges can post according to the university schedule. Late acceptance can result in irregular posting of charges and may interfere with application of financial aid or clearance for course registration.
- Fall move-in will be held July 31 – August 9 by appointment only. Move-in appointments will occur in 3-hour blocks. Sign up for appointment times will begin July 6. Organization’s House Corporations may select a more narrow window of move in based on facility readiness or program needs.
- We are asking that you limit the number of people coming with you to assist with move-in to two people.
- Masks and other CDC recommendations (frequent hand-washing, etc.) will be expected during the move-in process.
- Detailed information will be available on the Fraternity and Sorority Life website.
Students with pre-existing or immunocompromised medical conditions
- A limited number of additional single rooms have been added to our inventory to assist students with some pre-existing medical conditions or are immunocompromised.
- Please visit the Disability Resources Office website to review the steps necessary to submit a request for consideration.
Housing Agreement Changes
The 2020-2021 Greek Village Housing Agreement has been adjusted with the following addendums for University owned properties as a result of COVID-19:
- Fall Housing Agreement dates have been modified to July 31- November 20 to accommodate the new academic calendar term.
- A new provision has been added, which reads as follows:
- 20. COVID-19
- NC State and resident acknowledge the ongoing possibility of restrictions for on-campus housing due to the COVID-19 virus. Notwithstanding anything in this Agreement to the contrary, NC State may adjust the agreement schedules contained in Section 3.0 or temporarily close housing facilities as necessary in NC State’s sole discretion to preserve the health and safety of residents and the campus community. NC State’s total liability in such cases shall be limited to issuing pro rata refunds or credits for such periods that residents are prohibited from residing in university housing unless otherwise directed by the UNC System.
- In the event NC State requires resident to vacate university housing, resident will be responsible for removing all valuable personal items at that time. In certain circumstances, NC State may remove possessions and/or furnishings from housing units in order for those units to be used for other emergency purposes. NC State will not be responsible for loss or damage to resident’s personal items that must be moved and stored in such instances.
Our top priority remains the health and safety of our students and the Wolfpack community. We appreciate your time and understanding as we together work to Protect the Pack, and we look forward to seeing you on campus in August.
With Wolfpack Pride,
Fraternity and Sorority Life